Even though there are many high-resolution TVs available, KickoffTech experts recommend console gamers to get a screen that’s specially made for gaming systems. Having reviewed plenty of these and composed handy purchase guides, Acer GN246HL tops on our commendable gaming monitor picks today.
To read more of similar budget gaming monitor reviews and adept guides, click on best gaming monitor under 200 dollars.
Acer GN246HL Specifications
- 24 inches screen size
- 144 Hz refresh rate
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 5ms response time
- 3D support
- TN type panel
- HDMI, VGA AND DVI inputs
- Enabled overdrive by default
- 23 watts wattage
- No portrait mode
- 100mm mount VESA
Acer GN246HL Features
Best for budget buyers, the Acer GN246HL is a functional no-frills gaming monitor. This monitor comes with a thin design and a four spooked stand with copper highlights. Its buttons are nicely placed at the display unit’s bottom, and there is a nice finish at the front panel.
The 16:9 aspect ratio offered by this monitor gives you a great viewing experience thus making movies more dramatic and gives games more life. Additionally, you’ll be able to notice smaller details, and you’ll thus not have to struggle reading small texts. Acer GN246HL gives you a wall mount option to enable you to mount it on the wall and hence save your desk space. However, getting the job well done will call for a quality wall mount.
On performance, Acer GN246HL lets you experience a close to flawless gaming, thanks to its 144Hz. However, it only gives you a 15 degrees tilt forward which can be a big inconvenience. Its performance capabilities are excellent, but there’s no much for a dedicated gamer to expect from a budget monitor of its caliber.
- The Acer GN246HL LED backlit monitor was among the first among monitors of similar size to support NVIDIA vision and 3D NVIDIA lightboost technology. It offers a brighter and better full high definition 3D imagery through PC DVI-DL.
- A high 144Hz refresh rate that speeds up gaming frames per second thus delivering super smooth 2D motion screens. It shortens the time taken for a frame to render, reduces input lags, and gives you a great response time while gaming.
- Affordable cost for such high-end specs that make this monitor one of the best 24” budget monitors.
- Viewing angles of up to 170 degrees to enable you game/ view images from many positions.
- A high resolution that’s great at offering high-quality details. This makes the monitor perfect for an array of applications like Blu-ray disk console gaming or the widescreen cinematic playback.
- A mercury-free EcoDisplay that’s RoHS compliant and saves up to 68% of energy.
- Adaptive contrast management of 100 million: 1 ACM, which is a primary feature for good image quality.
- Even though the monitor comes with a 3.5mm jack, it has no inbuilt speakers
- To fully utilize the monitor’s 144Hz, you’ll need to have a DVI cable as HDMI doesn’t offer support to more than 60Hz.
- The 5ms response time is quite high for any 144Hz monitor
- This monitor takes as much as 15 to 20 seconds to turn on. This is quite long compared to high-end models.
- A number of users complain of the monitor being excessively bright. When gaming in the dark, Acer GN246HL lights up the entire room. However, you can use programs such as F.lux to optimize its color scheme to one that’s more soothing.
- This monitor lacks a height and rotation adjustment. Your adjustment and panning options are limited as you can only adjust the viewing angle. This is an issue if you have a big height as the monitor only stands a few inches off the ground.
All factors considered, the Acer GN246HL has been built to give you a remarkable 3D experience in its 24-inch display. Even though there are some worrying cons, they can be tackled with ease, and they don’t compromise the viewing experience or FPS gaming at the monitor’s impeccable 144Hz rate. There is also no worth-to-note ghosting or shuttering, and this monitor feels “snappy” to gamers.
With the low price though, it’s apparent that Acer GN246HL lacks features that dedicated gamers would love. We hence recommend the Acer GN246HL to casual gamers who need a functional monitor they won’t have to break the bank buying.
Latest posts by Deepanshu (see all)
- What Is DDI? Definition, Uses, and Advantages - April 25, 2021
- How Did Amazon Get Into Cloud Computing? - April 8, 2021
- 6 Major Ways Automation Impacts Network Management - April 2, 2021